Monday, August 9, 2010

Have I ....

Abandoned ship??
No, but I'm kinda in a funk. You see I created this little blog so that my relatives in Germany could read whats going our family.

My Aunt Irmchen, well my great aunt (my grandma's only sibling) and her daughter Gabby are ecstatic to read what new skills Riley has learned or where she's been... Basically they live and breathe for this little girl, which was how it was when my sister and I were little. My Aunt Irmchen and Uncle Herbert had one child and she never had children due to medical issues, so my sister and I were their grand kids. They would visit twice a year for a month and we would fly with my grand parents to Germany on our breaks to see them (Oh the beauty of year the around school system).

I remember all the little trips we would take, here in California and in Berlin. They are some of my most cherished memories.. Lately I have kinda been reliving them through the boxes and boxes of pictures that I am attempting to organize (before the digital age). Eventually I will scan them to digital, but for now organization is my main goal.

Any who... Those trips and visits slowed down when my Uncle Herbert passed away 15 years ago, then my Grandpa 9 years ago. In fact the last time my Aunt was in California was when my grandpa died.

Present day, my Aunt is 75 and her is daughter 54. My Aunt has serious heart issues and her daughter has been battling cancer for the past year. All they have is each other and the thought of one of them being alone breaks my heart. Honestly they are two of the most genuine, sweet souls I have ever meet.

My Aunt called 2 weeks ago and told us the Doctors believe that Gabby has 2 more months and the cancer will win this fight. My Aunt called again last Friday night and said that Gabby had passed away at home in her arms. So answer me this GOD why aren't horrible painful diseases reserved for rotten people? When you can answer that I will join your team!

Oh and on Aug 22, it will be 1 year since my Grandma passed away... Leaving me with only my fraternal grand mother. Shes 77 and has pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver and kidneys. She has a few days. As you can tell I'm not in the most chipper of moods, so I will post again when my world is a little brighter.

1 comment:

Loni's World said...

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Exactly agree with you I lost my beliefs after my childhood. Not sure why anyone would want children to suffer so its hard to believe in something like that.

Hugs!!!
I really hope you get to visit your Aunt in Germany :)