Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scar revision

Riley had a scar on her cheek from December 07 and it was finally time to do the scar revision surgery. Six in the morning the day before Thanksgiving we were signing in. Her dad and I agonized over this decision for months. We cancelled two previous appointments, we wanted to be sure the result would be an improvement.  I tried to get a good before picture but its difficult to see. The thing we worried about most was the indention it made when she smiled. (below: before)

All gowned up and ready to be wheeled in to the OR. She was cracking jokes and laughing the whole time.

This is recovery.

And here she is being wheeled to the car.......... Shes not laughing any more.
We get her home and I'm expecting that we are going to spend the rest of the day in bed. I couldn't have been more wrong! Apparently Tylenol with codeine makes some kids hyper. This kid was bouncing off the walls, feeling no pain. She wanted me to stop and get her and ice cream on the way home. Sorry kid its
8 AM, no one is open yet. She reminded me at 11 AM when Pink berry opened..
Her cheek looks much better now, still a little red but healing very well.

No comments: